Thursday, December 17, 2009

The "Juan MacLean" Remix


Sometimes, even when you're downloading multiple albums and dozens of MP3s every day, great songs fly under your radar. Such is my case with the Juan MacLean remix of "A New Chance." The track is fantastic. Gone are the (admittedly groovy) Swede-pop aesthetics of the Tough Alliance original in favour of a TR-808 heavy, more New Order approach. The remix still packs a dance-floor punch though, so no worries if you're shakin' it in front of the mirror whenever you're reading my blog.

Speaking of New Order, if I have to hear "Bizarre Love Triangle" in some swanky Manhattan bar again without anyone in the place (but me) recognizing it, my head is going to explode.

Right-Click + Save Link As:

A New Chance (The Juan MacLean Remix) - The Tough Alliance

A New Chance - The Tough Alliance

Bizarre Love Triangle (12" Version) - New Order

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are New Yorkers not able to recognise Bizzare Love Triangle?

geoff said...

What is he saying in A New Chance, "I know a place where (what) never..."? I feel like it's either really cool, or something dumb like "doves."