Friday, March 19, 2010

Let's Pretend We're at SXSW


SXSW is going on as I write this. Sadly, I'm not in Austin, but in lame Brooklyn with nothing to do. If I was down in Texas though, I know exactly where I'd be today... Over at Emo's for the fifth annual Pitchfork/Windish Austin Party. If the beerific flier above didn't cue you into the awesomeness, then I'm afraid this post will be lost on you.

In honor of the twelve TJ-approved bands playing the showcase, I've put together a Citizen Mix, expertly cobbling together stellar tracks from each act* all in one high quality MP3. It's just like a cassette mixtape, but not really.**


- Download the SXSW/Pitchfork Citizen Mix here -


The tracklist is down below and I decided to host the MP3s individually for those who can't handle forty-eight minutes of straight jams. Happy Weekend everyone.

*None of the MP3s have been hosted on the blog before.

**It's still pretty cool though.

Right-Click + Save Link As:

1. Wet Hair - Japandroids
2. Cheerleader (Neon Indian 'Sega Genesis' Remix) - Grizzly Bear
3. Catholic Pagans - Surfer Blood
4. Bicycle - Memory Tapes
5. When I'm With You - Best Coast
6. Hood Pass Intact - Dâm Funk
7. You'll See It - Washed Out
8. Black Lake - Real Estate
9. Bad Stuff - Free Energy
10. Soda Popinski - Javelin
11. Airplanes - Local Natives
12. Billie Holiday - Warpaint