Monday, March 7, 2011

Artist Spotlight: The Dodos Might Be Returning to Form


I've been onboard The Dodo's bandwagon since "Jodi" made its way onto the blogosphere way back in February 2008 (proof!).

Then I was completely let down by the duo's junior effort, 2009's Time to Die. They all but abandoned their rhythmic, finger-picked guitar & drum sound in favour of more fleshed out nonsense, completely stripping away what made the band so interesting in the first place.

While I've got a little hope for their forthcoming record, No Color, "Don't Stop" is a pretty promising first single, sounding like a return to good form (I hope). Since it's a coin flip whether or not their next album will be any good, I'm hosting the new track, plus some older Dodo favourites.

I still spin my double-vinyl copy of Visiter when the weather get warm. Listen to "Jodi" first.

Right-Click + Save Link As:

The Dodos - Jodi
The Dodos - Don't Stop
The Dodos - Horny Hippies
The Dodos - Fools
The Dodos - Park Song

No comments: