Monday, April 4, 2011

A Lil Wayne Mash-up Album Actually Worth Downloading


I get it, we're all sick of mash-ups. Unless they're really good. Is that how it works now? I thought Girl Talk's All Day was pretty great, The Hood Internet are still doing their thing well and Black Glove impress me every now and again with their basement interpretations.

Regardless, I'll always have a soft spot for the crypt-robbing genre and this Tumblewoof mini-mixtape was a surprise. It's five songs off Phoenix's Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix paired with choice Lil Wayne verses, but more than that, the DJ does your ears right by sampling/cutting/reordering the Phoenix tracks--the songs are more than simple A+B couplings.

The warmer the weather gets, the more I add to my BBQ playlist. These will do just fine.

Right-Click + Save Link As:

Tumblewoof - MoneyMania

Tumblewoof - Officer Lasso

No comments: