Thursday, October 13, 2011

MP3: Tennis Covers The Zombies' "Tell Her No"



I became relatively enamored with The Zombies' 1968 sun-kissed opus, Oracle and Odyssey, over the summer and I'm probably a better music writer for it (that and "Time of the Season," man). While I've only recently dug into the Britpop band's brief--as in two--album discography, I've always had an appreciation for "Tell Her No."

I can close my eyes and still hear it through the tinny speakers of my aunt's '90s, white Chrysler Imperial, her aged voice singing along to the sounds of her youth while the hot, burgundy leather stuck to the backs my legs and the smell of settled in cigarette smoke battled the open window's fresh air.

So of course, when Tennis--a band already approved here--covers the track, I'm all over it. The nautical couple's take is pretty straightforward, if not a little too bland and/or destined to play overhead next time you're at Urban Outfitters. But since they stuck to the basics, the cover is winsome and worth a download, if not also a mild golf clap.

Right-Click + Save Link As:

Tennis - Tell Her No
The Zombies - Tell Her No

No comments: