Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Best of 2012: Citizen Insane's Top 20 Singles (So Far)



What would a half-year critical list be without a rundown of one's favourite songs? I initially planned to limit things to singles only, but after so many excellent tracks got left out, I made "premiered in 2012" the qualifier instead. Without a doubt, this list will change more than any other by year's end. Picking my brain for its most addicted-to MP3s was no easy feat, especially when limiting the list to 20, so hopefully this makes up for my utter absence in the entire month of May. Bonus: Things are ordered in reverse for your listening pleasure, a mix clocking in over an hour.

Though liable to change come December, these brief snapshot lists offer a mid-semester evaluation of music so far and are as good an excuse as any to share, debate and listen...

Right-Click + Save Link As:

1. A$AP Rocky - Goldie
2. DIIV - How Long Have You Known
3. Dirty Projectors - Gun Has No Trigger
4. Kanye West - Mercy (feat. Big Sean, Pusha T & 2 Chainz)
5. Willis Earl Beal - Evening's Kiss

6. Mister Lies - Cleam
7. St. Vincent - Krokodil
8. XXXY - I Know This (Can't Be Love)
9. King Tuff - Bad Thing
10. Ryan Power - I Don't Want to Die

11. Matthew Dear - Her Fantasy
12. Cloud Nothings - Stay Useless
13. Baaur - Harlem Shake
14. Hospitality - The Birthday
15. Killer Mike - Big Beast (feat. Bun B, T.I. & Trouble)

16. Alt-J - Breezeblocks
17. Death Grips - I've Seen Footage
18. Heavenly Beat - Messiah
19. Machinedrum - DDD
20. Sun Kil Moon - I Know It's Pathetic but that Was the Greatest Night of My Life

2 comments:

Cherry_Waves said...

Great list, as always.

Anonymous said...

would be awesome some information such as album name, etc

thank you :)