Thursday, June 26, 2008

Updates Arriving Shortly


To date, it's been twenty-three days since my last entry. Before that I was only sparsely posting mixtapes. Well, that's what finishing up a tense academic year, packing your life up, and driving/moving to Los Angeles will do to you.

However, in case any of you are waiting with bated breath, I'm happy to announce that regular blogging (more than just mixtapes) will resume starting Monday (with, yes, a new mixtape).

This past Saturday, I completed my four-day trek from Kalamazoo to L.A. (which included some entertaining/interesting stops along the way) to prepare for my summer internship with the Los Angeles Times. As of now, I'm working periodically throughout the week, but have ample free time. When I'm not exploring the completely foreign California, I plan on getting back to a regular blogging schedule.

I'm going to include a few more features that just The Monday Mixtape, as well as being more regular about writing up albums of the week and artist spotlights. Overall, I like the layout, so not much will change there, but I'm adding on a few new things on the column to the right, such as an easy way to navigate subscription (both feed and e-mail) and a list of links to what I read most frequently.

In general, things are going to be slightly more brief. By putting less focus on lengthy pieces, I'll be able to get out more material at a much more frequent rate, so when you check more than once a week, there'll be something new to read.

Alas, I'm blathering on. The title of this entry says it all.

Stay tuned.

No comments: