Wednesday, July 2, 2008

MP3 of the Day

In an effort to update the blog daily (or, at best, every other day), here's my newest feature - MP3 of the Day. It is what it is, a free, web-hosted MP3 of my choice awaiting your download. Click the link and enjoy.


Girl Talk - Play Your Part (Pt. 1)

The first track from Girl Talk's stellar new album, Feed the Animals. The record was made available June 19th on the Illegal Art website in a pay-what-you-want format, very similar to Radiohead's release of In Rainbows.

Although the LP is almost two weeks old now, my Californian travels didn't allow me to get my hands on a copy until earlier last week. That being said, "Play Your Part (Pt. 1)" is one of my favourite songs on the record and certainly one of the strongest. Everything from the opening salvo of "Gimme Some Lovin'" to the mash-up of Lil' Wanye with Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing Compares 2 U" at the 3:41 mark equals syrupy Girl Talk goodness.

No comments: