Saturday, November 21, 2009

¡Aye Carumba! Meet Maluca


So a few days ago when I saw DJ /rupture live, one of the numerous opening acts was Maluca. She's this hyperactive electro act with a heavy Hispanic flair -- Think El Guincho meets American Apparel. Maluca hails from Brooklyn, no doubt linking her to Santigold's thang, but the most casual listener will walk away with M.I.A. allusions.

For what's it's worth, she's signed to Diplo's Mad Decent label, with the DJ extraordinaire providing "El Tigeraso" its attention-deficit electronics. That should give you an idea of what to expect. Seeing her perform made me want one thing: Tequilla... With salt and limes 'cuz I'm a wuss.

Right Click + Save Link As:

El Tigeraso - Maluca

Palmitos Park - El Guincho

Baile Funk One - M.I.A./Diplo

Shove It (Grandtheft's Disco Remix) - Santigold

No comments: