Sunday, November 22, 2009

Class Actress Wants You to Shake Yr Ass

Remember when Dane Cook used to be funny? He had that great appearance on Premium Blend, followed by his stint on Comedy Central Presents and that first CD so comical, it almost caused a car accident during my first listen with friends.

Back in those earlier, funny days, Dane Cook had a bit about women just needing to dance. The joke hinged on women loving to dance, regardless of men, whereas as guys went to clubs solely on the prowl. Stitch up your sides for a second and hear me out. While the witty observation is mostly true, there are more than a few guys out there who do love to dance -- I knew a group who once huddled in a circle and gyrated along to "Hot N Cold."

Because boy, I've got to move and get into the groove more than anyone, I'm posting these equal opportunity retro-electro-dance tracks from Brooklyn's Class Actress. Both tracks are dripping with gothic synths and pulsing bass, like if Nigel Godrich produced Debbie Gibson.

Besides, there are people studying abroad in places like Ireland and they need hip dance music because they've been wearing out their Ace of Base cassette and copy of Cher's Greatest Hits.

EDIT:// I'm throwing in the excellent "Cannibal" from Fan Death, because its disco aesthetics make me and my "girl butt" want to groove too.

Right-Click + Save Link As:

Careful What You Say - Class Actress

All the Saints - Class Actress

Cannibal - Fan Death

2 comments:

Chris said...

Nice blog.I have a political blog you might like.

Mary Brigid said...

You are fantastic. And you've made me smile, but more importantly, put my ratty old cassette and cd under the bed for a little while at least... Sweet musica!