Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fleet Foxes Debut Helplessness Blues - Yep, Still Great


Folkies rejoice, Fleet Foxes have returned. "Helplessness Blues" is the first taste of the band's eagerly anticipated sophomore record, aptly titled Helplessness Blues.

I press play, close my eyes, and instantly picture July. I'm back home for the summer, driving the wooded, winding roads from Harbor Springs to the Sleeping Bear Dunes. I can smell the birch trees. I can feel the sunlight on my skin.

Keep and eye out for this one, the beards and baroque harmonies are officially back on May 3rd when the album drops via Subpop.

Yeah I'm tongue tied and dizzy / And I can't keep it to myself / What good is it to sing helplessness blues? / Why should I wait for anyone else?

Right-Click + Save Link As:

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

adeqjjkjrwk!!!!gksf.. amazing